Bioinformatician and a Software Developer with over 10 years of experience specializing in NGS pipelines, web development and data visualization. Skilled at delivering interactive tools for researchers, that provide novel insights in healthcare sector and biomedical sciences. Adept at learning new technologies autodidactically and flexible with different tech stacks. Loves writing, podcasting and teaching rationality. Occassionally, I also work with people directly to help with their personal and professional issues using numerous instrumental rationality techniques and frameworks (see projects section below for an overview of my public work). If you are interested in a coaching/career counselling session, please schedule a spot here.
Building the iCare platform for oncologists to help them understand mutational profile of their patients and suggest appropriate therapy for cancer treatment.
- Spearheading a team of software developers and bioinformaticians across multiple smaller projects within iCare.
- Designing interactive user interfaces and robust bioinformatics pipelines for flagship products like OncoDx and OncoPredikt.
Building a webapp that discovers/annotates rare mutations in cancer patients and provides an interactive UI for oncologists to track patients and discover appropriate treatments.
As the solo developer for a lab trying to cure spinal cord injury, I designed and developed multiple bioinformatics piplines and web tools that provide novel insights in genetic and epigenetic regulation behind axon growth.
- Developed bioinformatics pipelines that discovered novel transcription factor combinations regulating axon growth.
- Created a web tool that allows scientists to visualize ATAC-Seq, RNA-seq and Histone Chip-Seq datasets across different time points in development of mice.
- Developed a website that visualizes and quantifies supra spinal neurons with projections to the cervical, thoracic and lumbar segments.
Developed a tool for the Rat Genome database that provides a unique way to seamlessly visualize and perform set operations on lists of genes.
Bioinformatics Support Analyst
- Developed web-based tools using the Flask framework, that automate and simplify the Bioinformatics workflow of Molecular Diagnostics Lab
- Human clinical genomics - Monitored NGS workflow, develop variant calling and variant annotation pipelines
- Designed and created an interactive web tool VIRAS, that provides a graphical view to analyze nucleotide mismatches between patients 10.1016/j.bbmt.2018.12.006
- Developed data visualization tools using d3.js to help investigators analyze NGS workflow and patient report data
Developed custom shell scripts that automate RNA-Seq, and ChIP-Seq workflows
Designed & developed SNPredict, a tool that predicts rare somatic variants using multiple machine learning training algorithms like kNN & LinearSVC
Lead production support duties. Designed, coded and maintained Bash shell scripts to automate tasks for checking and updating status of AT&T servers.
Interactive visualizations to gain novel insights from time series NGS experiments on murine whole cortex
3d visualization and quantification of supra spinal neurons with projections to the cervical, thoracic and lumbar segments.
A place to learn about different cognitive biases and how to overcome them.
A podcast that discusses human biases to better understand and improve human thinking/decision making
A course/club designed for exploring different frameworks and techniques to achieve what we most want, given the physical and mental resources available to us.
Hyderabad Rationality Meetup
A bi-weekly meetup that explores the depths of rational thinking with a focus on systematically improving epistemic and instrumental rationality skills. See here for a definition of rationality we like to work with.
- 2022 · Brain-wide analysis of the supraspinal connectome reveals anatomical correlates to functional recovery after spinal injury eLife
- 2021 · Co-occupancy identifies transcription factor co-operation for axon growth Nature Communications
- 2018 · Developmental chromatin restriction of pro-growth gene networks acts as an epigenetic barrier to axon regeneration in cortical neurons Developmental Neurobiology
- 2018 · KLF6 and STAT3 co-occupy regulatory DNA and functionally synergize to promote axon growth in CNS neurons Scientific Reports
- 2018 · Direct HLA Genetic Comparisons Identify Highly Matched Unrelated Donor-Recipient Pairs with Improved Transplantation Outcome Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
Other Academic Interests
Rationality, Educational Psychology, Effective Altruism, Evolutionary Biology, Cognitive Science